SIPs Save Resources!

Two of the most prevalent materials used in Structural Insulated Paneling are Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and Expanded Polystyrene (EPS). Both of these materials are extremely cost effective, environmentally friendly, and energy efficient. These are all things that we want when looking for a wall panel!

Two of the most prevalent materials used in Structural Insulated Paneling are Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and Expanded Polystyrene (EPS). Both of these materials are extremely cost effective, environmentally friendly, and energy efficient. These are all things that we want when looking for a wall panel!

In the USA alone, buildings can account for up to 39% of energy consumption, and 38% of the carbon dioxide emissions! That is because buildings use a tremendous amount of resources to be built, and to operate after building. Green buildings, however, use these precious resources much more efficiently than standard building solutions, meaning a minimization of pollution and reductions of waste of our resources! Green buildings also use less energy, which means a reduction of our carbon footprint.

Oriented Strand Board
OSB is an manufactured wood product that is formed by layering and pressing wood chips to form dense, sturdy panels. This structural panel, by pound, is actually stronger than steel as it’s strength-to-weight ratio is higher! What’s even better is that OSB is made from sustainable and often underutilized  trees that are a small diameter and fast-growing. 90% of each log can be utilized to make the panels, and the remaining 10% are converted into bark dust and pulp chip for a variety of other uses. OSB is compliant with all building codes in North America.

Expanded polystyrene 
EPS is a dense, tough, white foam insulation that is composed of mostly foam. In fact, the polystyrene beads that make up EPS are only 2% plastic. You may have seen in packaging to cradle and protect fragile items. This “bead board”, as it is sometimes referred to as, is a wonderfully effective insulator with a high R-value and a long life cycle.
EPS is very lightweight, easily cut with little waste and no health risks associated with dust or fibers  It does not deteriorate, mold will not grow on it, its R-value will never fluctuate, and it will never rot. When compared to fiberglass, EPS takes 24% less energy to produce from start to finish.

Call Perfect Panel Systems today and see for yourself that SIPs save resources!

Posted by: administrator ON Wed, November 14, 2012 at 9:51:37 pm MST    Comments (6)
RSS
Comments:
Don't forget that you need a fully inlesatud floor to complete a thermal envelope. Eco-slab is unrivalled in providing the perfect companion to any eps wall system.Already used in the lowest carbon house built in UK so far, it is now being used by the winner of 2011 Sustainable House Builder of the Year in combination with polystyrene ICF walls. This can give heating, costing half that of passive house standards.
Posted by: Ankur ON Tue, November 10, 2015 at 11:04:22 pm MST
We can you ceramic tile inteasd Polarwall, but need to fix possion safely the´╗┐ tiles before put concrete, this way will more save money and have perfect appearance.
Posted by: Abed ON Tue, November 10, 2015 at 11:20:40 pm MST
I made a fool of myself. MapleStory Mesos http://www.pal.am/events.php?action=show_info&event_id=28308
Posted by: MapleStory Mesos ON Tue, February 9, 2016 at 2:56:59 am MST
You always love it. Blade & Soul Items http://uffxiv.socialparody.com/blog/read/15992225/blade-amp-soul-black-desert-is-fun
Posted by: Blade & Soul Items ON Wed, February 10, 2016 at 3:19:44 pm MST
You are nothing like us . Albion Online Silver http://www.neighbour123.com/blog/show/albion-online-handle-trade-and-crafting
Posted by: Albion Online Silver ON Sun, February 14, 2016 at 8:46:02 am MST
Do not push me. FIFA16 http://futmall.kinja.com/
Posted by: FIFA16 ON Mon, February 22, 2016 at 5:14:38 am MST
Add Comment
*Name:
Url:     http://
*Comments:
*Verify:
verify
* Required Fields

Go Smart and
Go Green

Building green homes for a cleaner tomorrow. Our products are constructed from recycled materials and offer significant energy savings